T-mobile: customer experience went omnichannel
The Story of T-Mobile
T-Mobile is a well-recognised mobile operator. The Polish subsidiary is the 4th biggest operator, having a 20% market share. Being under competitors' pressure, the company must continuously improve its offer. Excellent self-service applications are a strategic goal that allows for standing out in the market.
Self-service before the iPhone and Android relied mainly on IVR and web applications. The voice channel was in the spotlight. The mobile applications boom changed the way how customers interact with organisations. Telecommunication companies such as T-Mobile started to rapidly extend their communication channels.
After launching many self-service applications, T-Mobile recognised that managing multiple channels in parallel:
- creates difficulties in maintaining consistent communication,
- slows down the delivery of changes in self-service and back-office applications,
- increases the cost of software modification across many channels.
The challenge pointed out by the customer focuses on three “hows”
- How to speed up business level configuration?
- How to reduce the costs of the development and modifications?
- How to unify the configuration across channels?
Why did T-Mobile choose Eversis?
Eversis was the only company that could deliver consultancy services with a strong technical capacity. The customer appreciates the business level and customer experience know-how. A solid technical team guaranteed end-to-end project delivery.
What we delivered
Eversis team implemented and deployed the Alvaria CX Suite (formerly Aspect CXP), an integration platform dedicated to self-service applications.
The platform managed the most critical self-service process, including:
- Promotions and sales communication (including marketing consents),
- Bills, invoices, billings, and the status of the payments,
- Status of the services, enabling/disabling services,
- Contracts and owned devices,
- Help desk and customer support.
Thanks to the platform, the business owners, marketing and sales teams can adjust communication flows to their needs. The implemented solution allows designing, configuring, and deploying communication flows and management of business rules without programming.
Alvaria CX Suite flexibility gives new possibilities to improve self-service channels by:
- integration of FB/Meta messenger, chatbots, and virtual advisers,
- implementation of AI/ML algorithms that predict customers’ next best actions.
How it worked before:
All self-service applications and communication channels exchange the data directly with back-office systems.
It causes many issues, such as:
How it works now:
The communication between back-office, self-service applications, and communication channels goes through the integration bus, supported by the business logic engine.
The project scale:
- 3 back-end systems,
- 3 self-service applications: IVR, web, and mobile self-care,
- 4 communication channels: voice (IVR), text (Chat, SMS, USSD), email, mobile push notifications initially, the system will support chatbots on social messaging,
- 3 million customers registered on the platform,
- 500K users every day.
We achieve what the customer required, in particular:
- perform 80% of backend reconfigurations within the platform,
- reduce application development costs by 30%,
- 100% unification of common rules across the channels.
A business rules engine with a graphical interface changes the maintenance of self-service processes. The marketing and sales teams learned to change standard configuration parameters such as promotion and sales messages, and service announcements. Building more complicated rules, which rely on customer profiles and buying experience becomes feasible from the GUI. It cuts off most of the marketing and sales changes, which needed coding previously.
Finally, all teams have a bird-eye view of how the systems interact with end-users. Transparency allows the unification of common components across the channels.
Apart from the project's main goals, the customer gains new possibilities for self-service development. Connectors framework for seamless integration with new communication channels allows easy integration with chats, virtual assistants, and bots. The platform flexibility opens the solution for advanced AI/Machine Learning algorithms for predicting the next best action from the customer.
“Our customers now have the same information and the same processes available on any channel, thanks to the integrated platform designed and implemented by Eversis.”
Daniel Kietlinski, Principal Call Center Architect, T-Mobile
How we can help?
Want to hire us or just have a question? Share your email and we will come back to you in 2 days.